A user mailbox is a virtual storage location for the user's voicemail. Every regular extension you create will have its own voice mailbox by default.
Go to Extensions > Voicemail Settings.
You can set the pin and notification email here. Remember to save your new settings.
What is a shared mailbox?
In some cases, you may need additional mailboxes that are separate from your extensions. This is useful if you need to provide a recorded message on your voicemail, or need a general mailbox for a department or team. That’s why they are called ‘shared mailboxes’.
Adding a shared mailbox
- At the top of the screen, click 'Destinations'
- Click 'Shared mailboxes'. Any existing shared mailboxes are listed.
- To add a new mailbox, click 'Add mailbox'.
- Enter a unique 3-digit number for the queue, and a name to describe it.
- Then, add the email address that should receive message notifications.
- Click 'Next', then 'Confirm' to add the new mailbox.
Configuring a Shared mailbox
- Notification email is the email address that will receive all new message alerts.
- PIN is the 4-digit code you need to enter to retrieve messages from the mailbox, when calling from a connected handset. We highly recommend you change this from the default PIN code to ensure the mailbox is secure.
- Select Time and Date to include these details to the message before it plays.
- Select Caller ID to include the caller’s phone number to the message before it plays.