Call forwarding is a feature which helps you to redirect or forward incoming calls to another number. It is often used to forward calls to an office phone to a user's mobile when they are out of the office.
On individual extensions, you are able to create forwarding rules. This is available from the Extension view screen by clicking on the Forwarding Rules > Add Forwarding Rules:
There are multiple options you can adjust:
- During time interval: When this rule is active.
- If Call Status is: This refers to which scenarios the rule applies to.
- ANY: Always on
- BUSY: When we receive a busy signal from the device (for example they could be on the phone or some do not disturbs also count as busy)
- UNANSWERED: When the call times out (based on the portal settings)
- FAILURE: Anything other rejection (for example, if no phone is currently connected to the extension)
- Action: What to do with the call
- To: The number if it is being forwarded. This can be an extension or an external number NB: if this is an external number it will incur an outbound call charge
- Apply to queue/group calls: By default, a forwarding rule only apply to direct calls but you can adjust that here.
- Preserve Caller ID: Whether the original caller's number will be shown on any follow-up call or the extension/outbound caller number.
- Enable call screening: This will set call screening on the forwarding rule
- Apply to external calls only: Do not apply the rule to calls from other extensions
- Assigned Key: You can use *74xx (xx being the rule assigned key) to turn the rule on or off. This can also be done under the Forwarding Rules section)