Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a second level of authentication provides that extra level of security to your account.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is optional but not necessary to use on My Windsor however it is recommended to add additional security to your account.
There are a lot of authenticator apps available and you can use any app you prefer. The most popular is Google Authenticator.
Setting up your account
- Scan the QR code with your chosen authentication app or manually enter the key into the authenticator app.
2. Your authentication app will now generate a code named 'Windsor Telecom'. Enter the generated code into the 2FA login page.
3. Click 'Enable'.
4. At this point, it is recommended to save this 'Recovery Key' somewhere safe in case you lose access to the device you have setup two-factor authentication on.
5. Click 'Continue'.
Two-factor authentication is now activated on your account. You will now be emailed a unique number code each time you login to your account.
Setting up your mobile for 2FA
You can set up your mobile number to authenticate your account access. If you do not want to set this up, click 'Disable'.
1. Enter your mobile number and click 'Enable'.
2. A unique 6-digit code will be sent to your mobile phone, via text.
3. Enter the unique code and click 'Submit'.
Your account is now authenticated through both email and mobile number. You can remove two-factor authentication on your account at any time.