A guide on how to access Windsor Telecom's softphone or browser extension and manage account settings for Cloud Telephony users.
How to install Windsor Phone soft client
Make and receive cloud telephony calls, from your desktop or laptop, using the Windsor Phone softphone application.
This guide is based on the Chrome's experience but Firefox and Edge will have similar processes.
- Within your web browser (Chrome, Edge or Firefox), visit https://phone.windsor-telecom.co.uk to download and install Windsor Phone.
- Select 'Allow' so the application can gain access to your microphone.
- Select 'Allow' for the application to show notifications.
- You are now ready to make and receive calls.
- You'll be able to use the soft client within the web browser or for easy access, click the icon within the browser's address bar to install the application on your desktop or laptop and select 'Install'.
Note: This step is not available on Firefox.
- Once installed, you can then pin the application icon to your taskbar or dock for easy access.
Logging into Windsor Phone soft client
- Once the Windsor Phone is installed, you can open the application.
- To login, you'll need have a single sign-on (SSO) account setup. Please speak to your primary account holder if this hasn't already been setup.
- Complete the login form and you will be redirected back to the soft client application.
Logging into the browser extension
- Open the Windsor Telecom Cloud Telephony browser extension.
- Click 'Login'.
- The login form will open in a new tab.
- Complete the login, using your new SSO account details.
Changing your password, managing two-factor authentication and viewing audit logs
- From Windsor Phone, click on your name in the top right corner of the screen, click 'My Account' within the dropdown menu. From the browser extension, click the to access My Account.
- You will be automatically logged into My Account where you can change your password, manage two-factor authentication and view your audit logs.
- You can access the My Account portal at any time by visiting the following URL in your browser: https://account.windsor-telecom.co.uk using your SSO account details.