Voice menus, also known as IVR or auto-attendants, help to direct callers to the most appropriate person or department by giving them a number of options.
For example, a caller may hear, “Thank you for calling [company name]. Please press 1 for support, 2 for accounts,” or any other options that are relevant to your business.
Adding a Voice Menu
To add a voice menu:
- Select IVR Menus
- Click 'Add IVR' button and complete the required information. You will need to choose a 3-digit internal number along with a name to identify this menu.
- Click 'Next', then 'Confirm' to approve your order. You are now ready to start configuring your menu options.
Configuring your IVR menu
To start configuring your menu:
- Click on the IVR you have just added in the Voice Menu list. This will open up the Settings pane where you will find the following options:
- Name – in order to identify this menu on the system.
- Entry sound – this will be played to callers when they enter the IVR menu. You may choose from your existing sound files, if you'd like to upload a new sound, you can find out how here.
- Timeout – the time to wait for a key press, following the end of the welcome message, before performing the specified timeout action (see the screen below).
- Menu options
- 0 - 9 – choose the required action to perform when a specified key is selected.
- Invalid – what to do if an unrecognised option is selected.
- Timeout – the action to perform if no key is pressed within a specific period.
2. Click 'Save' when done to apply your changes.